Remember that ugly bathroom I showed you guys about a month ago? The one that’s got a lot of bulky wood and peeling wall texture? Well I finally got a vision!
This is our front, also guest, bathroom, but mainly, the one my husband and son use. So I wanted to use classic pieces and colors, and for decor, I’m going with a deer theme! Very masculine! But also easy to change out. I don’t mean the corny redneck version, but something a little more subtle! I’ve spent many hours staring at that bathroom and browsing Pinterest ideas, but as always, I couldn’t find what I wanted! Then I hit a creative block for a little while! This afternoon after cleaning and moving some decor around in the kitchen/dining, I sat down and started making a list for the bathroom of what we had and what we needed. And suddenly I had a lightbulb moment! Making this list was like a realization! We already have most of what we need and seeing that on paper really kickstarted this image in my mind! I want to share that list with y’all so you can get an image of my design!
Here’s my list:
- Light grey painted walls ✔️
- White wood trim
- Matte black metal vanity✔️
- Sink & faucet
- Wood step stool for C
- Backsplash & above shower surround
- Shower faucet, knobs & drain
- Turn weathered wood mirror horizontally✔️
- Low weathered wood “body” mirror for C
- Deer horn hand towel hook ✔️
- Deer horn toilet paper holder
- Deer head towel knobs from Hobby Lobby
- 3 diy “ammo” boxes: 1 low for C, 2 above toilet for Wade and guest supplies
- Wood deer cutout-splash of color✔️
- C’s stuffed deer head✔️
- Dad’s deer skull✔️
- Two diy art pieces: “I love you deerly” & “get buck naked”
- New colored towels, cloths, rug-splash of color
But first, a poll! To really begin redecorating a bathroom from the ground up, we must first start with..well the ground! Flooring! And this is where I need your help friends! Here are some contenders:
A. Buffalo check tile
This is very trendy right now, and a fun spin off the classic black and white. I think this would likely be my cheapest option!
B. 12×24 textured grey tile
Larger porcelain tile usually runs at a median price range. It also really makes a small space feel much larger!
C. Wood-look tile
These come in every wood color imaginable, as you can see! And will always be classic. I would choose a grey tone. It would also likely be the most expensive option!
Please leave a comment with A, B or C and explain the reason for your choice!